Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Lookin' 4 Good Driver Pix

to do some kind of airbrush artwork. NASCAR has some characters, I never realized how manly Stewie looked until I saw his face on a girl's body (see my entry from a few days ago for the picture). Wow, he would have made dogs howl had he been female, yet he's a handsome vagabond as a feller, go figure. Anyway, I know a few rabid Smoke fans, so I reckon he's gonna be one of the first I do. Too bad NASCAR's such a stickler about their licensing, I'll have to tread softly and avoid getting myself in twubble. Jr's got a great face, I think he'll be fun to paint, though it's gonna be a test of my simple mind to come up with a composition that hasn't already been beat to death, he's such a prominent figurehead of NASCAR. I really know nothing of any of the driver's personal lives I guess I'll have to dig a bit for this project. ARRRGH, I hate invading people's privacy, even when it's 'out there' with their permission.

If I'm not too busy I'll work up some driver cartoons and color them in Photoshop to tide me over til it gets warm enough to paint in the shop...I'll post 'em here & maybe on my IP area. :D Give me some practice and help me get to know their features.

You been to Infield Parking yet? You should go, looks like it's gonna be gargantuan, hop onboard while you can still think up a username. Apparently Jr.'s gonna be there occasionally in stealth mode, that should be fun for him, also a few other drivers are being invited to participate there. I think it's a great idea, one that was long overdue, and frankly my dear Scarlett, I am shocked it wasn't done sooner. Why, just today Ed Sullivan was at my spot, I'd seen his name kicking around the site, I tend to do some major lurking and am uncharacteristically quiet there. I'm thinking, 'wow, an Ed Sullivan fan, he's been dead what, 78 years?' I guess this guy is really named Ed Sullivan, I checked out his profile, he's CEO of IP. Nice to know he drifts about checking on profiles at his site, he's not just an empty seat at a boardroom meeting. Best of luck to you and your endeavors Mr. S! IP's going to be imitated a lot because it's going to be wildly successful. NASCAR thinks the sport isn't growing but I don't think they realize their fanbase is so freakin gigantic to begin with. Ed can mail them a clue in a few months once the site is officially up.

Yeah, it's gonna be huge. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Loralai,

Thanks for the comments! Not only do I wander around Infield Parking checking out NASCAR's amazing fan base, but I do read people's blogs if I find them in the blogosphere.

Thanks for the well wishes, and check out my own blog from time to time (infieldparkingblog.com). Happy Holidays!

-Ed Sullivan-
Alive and Well!

www.InfieldParking.com/edsullivan