Tuesday, December 5, 2006

Hot Diggity Blog

I forgot I have a blog. Yes, I did. I told you I might, so stop nagging me about it already. This is why I don't have pets.

I found a NASCAR test, it's about as inane a test as you can find, but it is the off season, and anything NASCAR is as rare as real boobs in Hollywood. http://www.okcupid.com/tests/take?testid=2390099205785983801

I still have no sweetie. All the good ones are taken.

I do have a date this Saturday night, reruns I'm afraid, King of the Bad Boys, what did I ever see in him, bad boys annoy the hell out of me, I probably thought in all that horse shit there must be a pony somewhere. Or it could have been the summer I drank my entire paycheck, & "rational judgment" was an oxymoron. We were good friends, I dated his little brother (another colossal misdeed we won't get into here), then King Bad and I dated, then we didn't but we remained friends, which is how I prefer it with this one. He's an ESTJ, and for some reason that is the type of the majority of my ex's. We just seem to be naturally drawn to each other-probably because I'm the only one who can deal with his moody, crappy attitude. Not that he's always like that, but he is very intense and bull headed, I guess I just know how to handle that sort, as we've never got into a serious argument that I can recall and I always seem to know how to get him to laugh. One of the 'taken' good ones I refer to above, he, too is an ESTJ. My last boyfriend is an ESTJ as well. What the hell am I talking about, you ask? Go read more of my blog, there is an explanation for you in it somewhere. I am too lazy to repeat myself here.

Anyway, this King of Badness wants me to go out this Saturday night. He said something yesterday about making me a fabulous dinner at some time, he's a phenomenal cook, probably the best I've encountered. I caught him staring at me several times this past weekend, and doing things for me, like making my coffee and bringing it to me, serving me dinner and breakfast, bizarre behavior for him, I have a sneaking suspicion he has suddenly chosen to become serious in his attention to me and I cannot imagine what sparked that bit of insanity. Somethings up, I'll get it out of him this weekend.

Sometimes I think he is superficial, then he sucker punches me with some insightful tidbit that totally throws me off balance and I realize he is far more observant than I give him credit for. We were supposed to go out last Saturday but he was cutting and wrapping a few sides of beef and got behind. I told him if my car was legal I would drive up and help him. He offered to drive the 64 mile round trip to pick me up so I went to his moms ranch where the meat cutting facilities are, and stayed until Monday.

On the drive up I told him about a person I was strongly attracted to, I'll call him Yeager, he said he thought last summer I was already involved with Yeager because of how I talked about him back then. That was reality slapping me upside the hollow thing that serves as my head, I'm really quite angry at myself for getting emotionally involved with Yeager to begin with-even more involved than I realized according to King Bad (curses, he was right damn him), though Yeager is an amazing man and I couldn't help myself. To my credit I did fight it, and thought I had won. If not for the dire shortage of eligible and decent men in this sparsely populated frontier village, I would call it a crime, because normally I would be off frolicking with some handsome, dashing fellow which would have prevented these idle hands from being the Devil's plaything.

Fortunately I am shallow enough that this attack of conscience will be all too brief, and as is typical of my past behavior, I will throw caution and good sense to the wind, thoroughly enjoying myself as I jettison body and soul to places angels fear to tread. I hope I don't make too much of an ass of myself, I do have to face Yeager fairly often. Oh well, sometimes I am compelled beyond my limits to get things off my chest just to force a response so I know which way the wind blows-I hate not knowing.

Anyway, as to the Yeager issue, if you knew the whole of it you would undoubtedly attempt to foist a medal or a Monarchy upon me for my restraint, you will simply have to take my word for it that I've struggled valiantly with this.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your name makes me think of a song by Styx. Anyhow........I'm Talledega. Peace, Mike.

Loralai said...

Loralei...yup, I know that song. It's also the name of a character Marilyn Monroe played, Loralei Lee (How To Marry A Millionaire). Both good reasons to use it (I changed the spelling). Nice to meet you Talledega Mike, thanks for posting on my blog again. :)