Tuesday, December 12, 2006

You Guys

feel free to post your blog site links here. I just signed up at Dale, Jr.'s site (I got the link from Clance's Church of the Great Oval message board, thanks for posting that Craig (fanforlife03), in case you missed it here is his link and the link to Jr.s site:
www.infieldparking.com
http://www.infieldparking.com/fanforlife03

I found my Christmas present to myself today, though resisted temptation and left it on the shelf betting that it will go on sale after Christmas. It won't of course. It's a wee bit of a chandelier I found at Walmart for half a C note. In case you're wondering, I have champagne taste with a water budget. Fortunately for me I know how to make a little go a long way, this ESTP/ISTP artsy-fartsy temperament has a positive side, with a little paint, duct tape and a safety pin, I can make a catbox look like Tiffany's display window.

I purchased a cheap airbrush for my birthday last month, a Paasche VLS, it was $69 with free shipping if I ordered it by Nov. 30th. Well, I horsewhipped my conscience, threw caution to the wind and with only moments to spare bit the bullet and thrust forth my order. My fatal mistake was opting to use PayPal on whim, thinking I was saving my credit card from possible theft, since the purchase was online. A while back I had to update my PP account with my new CC number and expiration date. All well and good except PP decided to mess with my billing address. I tried many times to fix it, to no avail. I wrote them twice, my letters apparently landing in the mailbox of the sole blind employee at PP. The business I ordered my airbrush from said they wouldn't be able to send the brush since PP hadn't authorized my billing address. Even though PP shows $69 went through to their company on Nov 30 for a Paasche VLS airbrush. My bank account shows a $69 debit to Pay Pal on Nov. 30...drama, always with the drama. Such is my life, nothing is EVER easy. After much wrangling with the airbrush company, I THINK they finally agreed to send the brush out in spite of PP's screwups, on the 13th when it is back in stock. With any luck I will get that airbrush before I lose my sight to old age and avarice. Here's to you PayPal:



Oh! I had a point here. For Christmas, I was going to buy my bad self some E'TAC or House of Kolor (HOK) paints to use in that yet to be seen airbrush. Perhaps I should stick with the more practical choice of a mini chandelier.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did that guy mean moron? He needs a learn to spell sign..........crazy weather up there........I need to call my bro and see if he's okay. He lives in Port Hadlock. Peace, Mike.